Release of the book, Life and Times of T B Cunha
19 Jun 2015 10:51pm IST
A book on T B Cunha, the Father of Goan Nationalism, titled, ‘The Life & Times of T B Cunha’, written by Dr Nishtha Desai and illustrated by Ved Prabhudesai, was released on the occasion of Goa Revolution Day, June 18, 2015. National Bal Shree awardee Julian D’Costa and Historian Prajal Sakhardande spoke on the occasion in the presence of Minister Dayanand Mandrekar and Secretary Samuel Mathew, IAS. The event was held at the Multipurpose Hall of Sanskruti Bhawan, Patto Plaza in Panjim.
The book has tried to capture Cunha’s life,
focusing on the activities he undertook to spread nationalism in Goa. It gives
a background of his early years in Goa, his stay in Paris and the influence of
political events of that time on his thinking. It gives an idea of his years in
prison in Portugal, his escape from Portugal and the continuation of his
nationalist efforts to free Goa while living in Mumbai.
- Now, a pop-up waste bar in Goa that exchanges beverages for beach trash!
- Celebrating the authenticity of Amcho Ganv
- The bicycle, the road and a journey memories are made of
- Old Panjim is the new “cool”
- THE STORIES THAT STAMPS TELL
- Music with a difference: An ode to animals
- BUDGET BLACK HOLES
- Konkani is the only identity of Goa: Vincy Quadros
- ‘CAKEWALK’ WAS ANYTHING BUT A CAKEWALK
- Bringing back the games of yore
- CELEBRATING SACRED MUSIC OF THE WORLD
- Abolianchem Fest – A cultural fiesta
................... Advertisements ...................