BBSM gears up to float party for 2017 Goa Assy polls
14 Sep 2016 11:53pm IST
PTI, PANJIM: After spearheading the movement on the Medium of Instruction (MOI) issue, RSS affiliate Bharatiya Bhasha Suraksha Manch has now decided to widen its political horizon by floating its own party on October 2 to contest the upcoming Goa Legislative Assembly elections.
Headed by former RSS Goa chief Subhash Velingkar, the outfit is preparing to float the party on October 2, the modalities of which will be chalked out in a "crucial meeting" scheduled for September 16.
"When we are going to contest the 2017 elections, all issues concerning the state or people will have to be included in the agenda. A meeting will be held regarding this on September 16," Arvind Bhatikar, a BBSM leader told PTI.
This would be the first time that BBSM leaders will meet its convener Velingkar after he was relieved of the post of RSS Goa chief. He then formed the Sangh's Goa Prant.
BBSM had been aggressively demanding making regional languages the Medium of Instruction in in primary schools of Goa and stopping grants to English medium school. It has been at loggerheads with the BJP-led state government for the last couple of months on the issue.
Bhatikar said the MOI issue will always remain a focal point of the party.
To a query, he said the RSS Prant led by Velingkar would be a major component of this political party.
On prospects of pre-poll alliance, he said, "The decision is yet to be taken on whether we will extend support to any political party or contest in all constituencies on own."
Shiv Sena has already submitted its proposal to BBSM to join hands during elections as they strongly support stand of BBSM on the issue, he said.
Bhatikar said decision or discussion on the proposal would be held during upcoming meeting
- Mopa Airport security firm operating with non-Goans
- Damage control mode activated in CORRIDORS OF POWER…
- Kerala shadow looms large over tourism season
- Inventory of hazardous waste generation to be conducted
- Give him more powers
- No more taxis to Dudhsagar
- State is in a self-imposed emergency: CLP
- Now skilled to face life after a tough start
- Nigerian held with drugs, for overstaying
- Files take the long route from Porvorim to Panjim via New York
- Mormugao civic body to ink MoU with NGO to tackle stray cattle menace
- NGPDA invites objections to Arpora, Nagoa, Parra land use map
................... Advertisements ...................