Major ministers shown the gate by Goans
11 Mar 2017 02:08pm IST
PANJIM: While Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s magic has brought back the BJP to power in Uttar Pradesh, the incumbent BJP government in Goa lost its mandate.
Amongst the first to lose the turf was Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar who lost to Dayanand Sopte by a huge margin of more than 7200 votes.
Alongwith the Chief Minister five other members of his cabinet also lost their candidature. Amongst the big shocks include Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP) President and former Minister for Factories and Boilers Deepak Dhavalikar who were dropped from the cabinet on the eve of the elections.
Other ministers losing the contest to represent their constituency again are Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar, Water Resources Minister Dayanand Mandrekar and Panchayat Minister Rajendra Arlekar, all who represented the BJP during the incumbent term.
The sixth member of the Laxmikant Parsekar cabinet to lose is Avertano Furtado, the independent MLA from Navelim who later inducted as Fisheries Minister. Avertano lost to the former Chief Minister and Goa Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) chief Luizinho Faleiro.
- Mopa Airport security firm operating with non-Goans
- Damage control mode activated in CORRIDORS OF POWER…
- Kerala shadow looms large over tourism season
- Inventory of hazardous waste generation to be conducted
- Give him more powers
- No more taxis to Dudhsagar
- State is in a self-imposed emergency: CLP
- Now skilled to face life after a tough start
- Nigerian held with drugs, for overstaying
- Files take the long route from Porvorim to Panjim via New York
- Mormugao civic body to ink MoU with NGO to tackle stray cattle menace
- NGPDA invites objections to Arpora, Nagoa, Parra land use map
................... Advertisements ...................