Major ministers shown the gate by Goans
11 Mar 2017 02:08pm IST
PANJIM: While Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s magic has brought back the BJP to power in Uttar Pradesh, the incumbent BJP government in Goa lost its mandate.
Amongst the first to lose the turf was Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar who lost to Dayanand Sopte by a huge margin of more than 7200 votes.
Alongwith the Chief Minister five other members of his cabinet also lost their candidature. Amongst the big shocks include Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP) President and former Minister for Factories and Boilers Deepak Dhavalikar who were dropped from the cabinet on the eve of the elections.
Other ministers losing the contest to represent their constituency again are Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar, Water Resources Minister Dayanand Mandrekar and Panchayat Minister Rajendra Arlekar, all who represented the BJP during the incumbent term.
The sixth member of the Laxmikant Parsekar cabinet to lose is Avertano Furtado, the independent MLA from Navelim who later inducted as Fisheries Minister. Avertano lost to the former Chief Minister and Goa Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) chief Luizinho Faleiro.
- PWD plans to cut diversion to 14 kms instead of 22
- Goa on a HIGH, tourism at a LOW
- After two-month delay, first Olive Ridley arrives on Galgibaga beach
- Nagoa Comunidade committee elected
- Permission ‘given’ for New Year dance at Woodbourne in Nuvem
- Rider killed, pillion hurt in Sanquelim mishap
- Painting of Karmalghat crash barriers ‘causing air pollution’
- Mickky has no right to demand Nuvem MLA’s resignation: AAP
- Bullfight held in field along Nuvem-Arlem bypass
- North Goa Cong committee appointed; Bhike is chief
- Viiking Beverages denies harassing Monte Cruz
- ZP member clarifies on work done at Benaulim
................... Advertisements ...................