Major ministers shown the gate by Goans
11 Mar 2017 02:08pm IST
PANJIM: While Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s magic has brought back the BJP to power in Uttar Pradesh, the incumbent BJP government in Goa lost its mandate.
Amongst the first to lose the turf was Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar who lost to Dayanand Sopte by a huge margin of more than 7200 votes.
Alongwith the Chief Minister five other members of his cabinet also lost their candidature. Amongst the big shocks include Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP) President and former Minister for Factories and Boilers Deepak Dhavalikar who were dropped from the cabinet on the eve of the elections.
Other ministers losing the contest to represent their constituency again are Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar, Water Resources Minister Dayanand Mandrekar and Panchayat Minister Rajendra Arlekar, all who represented the BJP during the incumbent term.
The sixth member of the Laxmikant Parsekar cabinet to lose is Avertano Furtado, the independent MLA from Navelim who later inducted as Fisheries Minister. Avertano lost to the former Chief Minister and Goa Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) chief Luizinho Faleiro.
- Ministers find CM to be fine, looking good
- Herald to cost Re 1 more
- Did ‘hurried’ Goa-IPB meet follow procedures?
- Meeting was continuation of 22nd IPB meet: Khaunte
- Citizens raise relevant power issues at JERC public hearing in Margao
- Fishermen protest national shipping corridor proposal; burn effigy of Modi
- Please discharge your constitutional duty, says Congress
- Congress to approach the disgruntled
- Book online to visit Dudhsagar
- Parsekar in revolt mode; says BJP taking him lightly
- Severe dust pollution caused by stone crusher
- Need to bring more fallow land under cultivation
................... Advertisements ...................