Protest by retrenched workers at Azad Maidan is a drama: Tawadkar
10 Jul 2016 05:14am IST
MARGAO: “The protest at the Azad Maidan by the discontinued daily wage workers is a drama to defame the department and the Government of Goa,”MARGAO: “The protest at the Azad Maidan by the discontinued daily wage workers is a drama to defame the department and the Government of Goa,” Sports and Youth Affairs Minister Ramesh Tawadkar said. He was in Margao addressing a press conference on the issue of the agitation of the daily wage workers at Azad Maidan in Panjim. Commenting on the agitation, Tawadkar said, “An attempt is also being made by political outfits to instigate them by some political force.” “We are ready with the details of which minister got how many posts in that time and I will further say that in my tenure we have not taken even one post illegally,” Ramesh told. Justifying the sacking of the employees from the department, Tawadkar said that 507 persons were recruited in the department without following even the minimum procedure. “After studying the matter we found out that 208 employees were appointed without proper procedure. Some ministers took them bypassing administrative procedure and this happened six months before elections, eyeing votes of the persons,” Tawadkar alleged. “While sacking 145 employees, we had promised to take them as and when required and later in a cabinet decision we advertised 75 posts and gave priority to the agitating employees. We took in 45 from the 145 sacked employees,” Tawadkar said. “We have taken up the responsibility to clean up the sports department and we shouldn’t be stopped by instigation of political persons,” he said. “Ever since I have taken over the department, we have planned to put things in order which had gone haywire during the Congress government. The reality is that someone does the wrong and we take the responsibility to clean it up and we get blamed for it,” Tawadkar said.
- Ministers find CM to be fine, looking good
- Herald to cost Re 1 more
- Did ‘hurried’ Goa-IPB meet follow procedures?
- Meeting was continuation of 22nd IPB meet: Khaunte
- Citizens raise relevant power issues at JERC public hearing in Margao
- Fishermen protest national shipping corridor proposal; burn effigy of Modi
- Please discharge your constitutional duty, says Congress
- Congress to approach the disgruntled
- Book online to visit Dudhsagar
- Parsekar in revolt mode; says BJP taking him lightly
- Severe dust pollution caused by stone crusher
- Need to bring more fallow land under cultivation
................... Advertisements ...................