Panel hails decision of Muslims for staking claim for Cong tickets
03 Jan 2012 12:00am IST
The Sahara Muslim Welfare Association of Fatorda has welcomed the decision of the Muslim community who have staked claim for the Congress tickets
MARGAO: The Sahara Muslim Welfare Association of Fatorda has welcomed the decision of the Muslim community who have staked claim for the Congress tickets in Navelim, Margao, Mormugao, Curtorim, Panjim, Fatorda and Santa Cruz Assembly constituencies.
Association President Abdul Razak said the panel has already requested the Prime Minister to look into the grievances of the Muslim community.
“In Goa, the Muslim community is the deciding factor in most of the 20 Assembly constituencies, but not a single issue plaguing the Muslim community was raised in the Assembly by the ministers, including Chief Minister”, Razak said.
He further said the Association has submitted a memorandum for the reservation of Muslim community in government jobs in
- ‘We are not the sin capital of India for God’s sake’
- Sweeping change need of the hour
- Parrikar’s departure is the final ‘U’ turn
- Parrikar was needed in Goa: Sudin
- THERE IS AN ANTI-DEVELOPMENT LOBBY IN GOA: ARLEKAR
- MOPA- A 4 LETTER WORD THAT DIVIDES
- Messengers are hurt with the CM’s messages
- Parrikar is half way there, but has he left a mark?
- WALK THE TALK- HOW HAS THE CHIEF MINISTER SCORED ON ISSUES THAT MATTER
- Youth Policy
- WE ARE YOUNG
................... Advertisements ...................