‘Noite De Goa’ in Dubai
‘Noite De Goa’ recently made its debut at the Club House Terrace, Dubai Creek Golf & Yacht Club. The concert was curated by ‘The Yard’ and for the first time ever, it created a platform, successfully showcasing an amalgamation of Goan art, music and culture.
The concert managed to draw a crowd of over 900 people bustling with enthusiasm and captured the essence of the show that focused on attracting and uniting Goans, thereby rekindling nostalgia in the heart of every person attending.
With a promising line up of musicians and great food, the crowd knew what the evening had in-store for them. To commence with, they had Dubai’s dazzling duo Mario & Chryslyn followed by a scintillating performance by Sanio Fernandes. Goa’s Favourite comedians, Prince Jacob and John D’silva had the crowd roaring with laughter. Thereafter Lorna took to the stage, mesmerising the audience and kick starting on a high note with ‘Noxibak Rodtam’. She had the crowd singing and tapping their feet to her tunes for 45 minutes straight, energetic and lively as ever. She was followed by Remo and The Microwave Papadums, who started their set on the strum of everyone’s favourite ‘Maria Pitache’ and later had the crowd literally jumping to ‘Pyar ka signal’ and many more.
A documentary ’Portrait of a Goan Collector’ was showcased at the event, which was filmed by Dubai based Producer/Director, Agnelo Rodrigues - The Picture Bar and addressed by the man himself - Victor Hugo Gomes.
- Will big fat weddings lose some weight in Goa?
- DOES YOUR SMART PHONE NEED TO PLAY HOLI TOO?
- 5 reasons why you should switch to a menstrual cup
- United colours of ‘Holi-thon’ in Goem
- FINAL SHOCK, YET AGAIN
- A woman who juggles many crowns
- The brotherhood of the young search for another ‘Bhai’
- Street food in Gully ka Khana
- Senior Goans rewind to the now missing charm of the battle of the ballot
- FIGURING OUT ‘DELHI-WALLAS’ FROM THE COZIEST FISH CURRY & RICE BUNKERS OF SOUTH GOA
- Beyond stones, bricks, and paint…
- ‘Padaria Caitancamil’ adds nostalgic memories at Big Foot
................... Advertisements ...................