A STAR-STUDDED GOAN CHEFS CONCLAVE 2017
The Goan Culinary Club, co-founded by Odette and Joe Mascarenhas and its members organised the 2nd edition of the Goan Chefs Conclave 2017 on August 9, 2017 with the concept of providing the ‘red carpet’ of recognition to chefs this year in true Hollywood style. The culinary extravaganza had all the ingredients for networking, knowledge sharing and of course, the right amount of Goan masala. The event took place at Planet Hollywood, Utorda. The Goan Chefs Conclave 2017 entailed workshops, featuring Chef Vikramjit Roy (Speciality Restaurants Pvt Ltd), Chef Zafar Ali (Executive Chef at The Leela Palace Bangalore), Chef Sherap (Taj West End, Bangalore) and Chef Ajoy Kanojia (Delta Nutritives Pvt Ltd). The two panel discussions had moderators Chef Sunit Sharma, Executive Chef, Cidade de Goa and Chef Hrudananda Behera, Executive Chef, Fort Aguada, interact with Goa’s chefs and stand alone proprietors. Chef Sunit moderated the discussion ‘Is Goa really providing ‘authentic’ cuisines from its kitchens?’ whereas Executive Chef Hrudananda Behera moderated the discussion ‘The word ‘man power’ is grossly defined. Are our kitchens really powered by the staff?’. There were also sessions with Hyderabadi Biryanis’ Sankalp Vishnu, The Chivas Brothers’ brand ambassador Paul O’Connor, Pernod Ricard Wine makers’ ambassador Alexandre Barre, food and travel photojournalist Nolan Mascarenhas and Jo’s Spicy Act with Joanne DaCunha, who sang about the history of the Vindalho.
- Will the by-polls say bye to civic issues?
- Feeling deserted and loving it
- SOCORRO CALLING: FESTS & FESTIVITIES IN A CAULDRON OF GOA’S TRADITIONS
- Is Konkani music radio ga-ga?
- Idol minds are God’s workshop
- Adding life to clay
- Voicing her gratitude through music
- A youthful approach to Goa’s traditions
- The busy-ness of being Suchi
- MINDING ONE’S BUSINESS AT CHATURTHI
- Pattoleanchem Fest unites Goa
- EDM festivals under the scanner, yet again
................... Advertisements ...................