A STAR-STUDDED GOAN CHEFS CONCLAVE 2017
The Goan Culinary Club, co-founded by Odette and Joe Mascarenhas and its members organised the 2nd edition of the Goan Chefs Conclave 2017 on August 9, 2017 with the concept of providing the ‘red carpet’ of recognition to chefs this year in true Hollywood style. The culinary extravaganza had all the ingredients for networking, knowledge sharing and of course, the right amount of Goan masala. The event took place at Planet Hollywood, Utorda. The Goan Chefs Conclave 2017 entailed workshops, featuring Chef Vikramjit Roy (Speciality Restaurants Pvt Ltd), Chef Zafar Ali (Executive Chef at The Leela Palace Bangalore), Chef Sherap (Taj West End, Bangalore) and Chef Ajoy Kanojia (Delta Nutritives Pvt Ltd). The two panel discussions had moderators Chef Sunit Sharma, Executive Chef, Cidade de Goa and Chef Hrudananda Behera, Executive Chef, Fort Aguada, interact with Goa’s chefs and stand alone proprietors. Chef Sunit moderated the discussion ‘Is Goa really providing ‘authentic’ cuisines from its kitchens?’ whereas Executive Chef Hrudananda Behera moderated the discussion ‘The word ‘man power’ is grossly defined. Are our kitchens really powered by the staff?’. There were also sessions with Hyderabadi Biryanis’ Sankalp Vishnu, The Chivas Brothers’ brand ambassador Paul O’Connor, Pernod Ricard Wine makers’ ambassador Alexandre Barre, food and travel photojournalist Nolan Mascarenhas and Jo’s Spicy Act with Joanne DaCunha, who sang about the history of the Vindalho.
- How Goa is lighting up this Diwali
- This Diwali, let’s burst with emotion instead
- WHERE IS ALL THE CUP BUZZ?
- It’s time to roll out the barrel!
- IF MOST OF GOA NOW IS A NEW BESPOKE SUIT, SAO TOME IS THE UNCUT ORIGINALIT
- The World Cup is on, but is Goa watching?
- Isn’t it a perfect Sunday?
- The coworking trend hits the Goan shores
- The power of an idea
- NOT ‘VANISHING’ IS BINDRA’S WILDLIFE PASSION
- Inculcating a love for Konkani literature
- A DAN AFTER OUR OWN HEART
................... Advertisements ...................