A greener Goa starts from home
What happens when a group of like-minded citizens decide to share their knowledge? Well, if the group shares a common passion for agriculture, you have a greener Goa. That is the aim of the burgeoning group known as Go Goa Green that is into organic agriculture. The group was started earlier this year by Mauricio Almeida, with the assistance of Anup Paigankar of Green Fingers Nursery. With the help of other admin members Arjun Rebello, Vasudev Bhat and Blasio Fernandes, the group has since grown to over 250 members from different walks of life, including former professors, nursery owners and organic food promoters. “We promote ideas to promote agriculture, organic food and home grown techniques, while also exchanging plants, vegetables and fruits. There is lots to learn through the discussions, from basic farming to growing plants, ways to pot them in your gardens, information on roof gardens, vegetable gardens, etc,” says Mauricio. The well knitted group that looks at motivating and helping each other is aimed to promote greener Goa, agriculture, gardening, organic food, sale of plants, germination charts, agricultural tools, etc Recently, the group met and exchanged fruit and vegetable plants and other products related to agriculture. The well attended meeting also essentially showcased a knowledge based discussion and this event was held in Verna. “Casa dos Gamas and Atmavishwas had the pleasure of hosting the Go Goa Green group for their monthly meet up. What a wonderful group of people! The evening began with an informative session by Clinton Vaz, followed by interactions and knowledge sharing among the group members and a very successful plant exchange. Kudos to the admins for initiating this community initiative,” says Liane Da Gama. The Village House Cafe team catered for the guests.
- 2019 - THE LAST TEEN- A TOAST TO NEW BEGINNINGS
- Conducting for the Coming King!
- Merry Rides
- Year Ender 2018: Social media challenges that went viral this year
- India’s first-ever Bollywood Festival starts today!
- Bal Mela for a cause at Big Foot
- Rosary College to host national level commerce event ‘INSIGNIA 4.0’
- Felicitation of staff by Navy Children School Goa
- IAM International Food Festival - Timberland
- Clube Nacional & Clube Vasco da Gama’s traditional New Year’s Eve dance
- Prathamesh Maulingkar does India proud in Poland
- Serendipity Arts Festival leaves an indelible mark
................... Advertisements ...................