A greener Goa starts from home
What happens when a group of like-minded citizens decide to share their knowledge? Well, if the group shares a common passion for agriculture, you have a greener Goa. That is the aim of the burgeoning group known as Go Goa Green that is into organic agriculture. The group was started earlier this year by Mauricio Almeida, with the assistance of Anup Paigankar of Green Fingers Nursery. With the help of other admin members Arjun Rebello, Vasudev Bhat and Blasio Fernandes, the group has since grown to over 250 members from different walks of life, including former professors, nursery owners and organic food promoters. “We promote ideas to promote agriculture, organic food and home grown techniques, while also exchanging plants, vegetables and fruits. There is lots to learn through the discussions, from basic farming to growing plants, ways to pot them in your gardens, information on roof gardens, vegetable gardens, etc,” says Mauricio. The well knitted group that looks at motivating and helping each other is aimed to promote greener Goa, agriculture, gardening, organic food, sale of plants, germination charts, agricultural tools, etc Recently, the group met and exchanged fruit and vegetable plants and other products related to agriculture. The well attended meeting also essentially showcased a knowledge based discussion and this event was held in Verna. “Casa dos Gamas and Atmavishwas had the pleasure of hosting the Go Goa Green group for their monthly meet up. What a wonderful group of people! The evening began with an informative session by Clinton Vaz, followed by interactions and knowledge sharing among the group members and a very successful plant exchange. Kudos to the admins for initiating this community initiative,” says Liane Da Gama. The Village House Cafe team catered for the guests.
- Sixth edition of Goa Environment Festival to commence today
- MAAC National Students Meet 2018 concludes on a strong note in Goa
- Teaching Kathak and Bharatnatyam across Goa
- Kanni Odruxttachi
- Beauty in the Mist - Amboli
- Prathamesh Maulingkar vying to win India’s first international crown as Mister Supranational
- A photography workshop in the lap of nature
- Online art auction to help raise funds for Kerala relief work
- Keeping the festival of flags alive
- How to win a scholarship?
- The winners take it all
- Latest fitness trends: Paleo diet, matcha mania and plant showers
................... Advertisements ...................