AMAZING VIBE AS FATORDEKARS WERE BACK TO THE STREETS THIS CARNIVAL
Usually Fat Saturday night is just low key in Margao but this time around, that didn’t seem to be the case as the Fatordekars led by their MLA and TCP Minister Vijai Sardessai and his We for Fatorda NGO, gave the residents a chilled out vibe. The newly developed iconic sit out come massive sidewalks along the Ravindra Bhavan Auditorium was recently thrown open to public by the MLA to the public with a complete revamp and renamed it Opinion poll Square. Going with the whole ideology of Goemkarponn and creating a sit out of a kind. On Fat Saturday with no traffic jams and nicely done traffic arrangements, people were celebrating Carnival on a no traffic zone roads with meticulously done seating arrangements and a colourful roof of overturned umbrellas. Also with a special tie up with Vinesh Iyer who’s the brainchild behind The Live Music Project (TLMF) who showcased the Camel Riders (a global fusion band) of global artistes. Vinesh felt that breaking out of the usual monotony, city dwellers of Margao deserved a nice break and some different music for listening pleasure. “The camel riders were so good playing slow tracks of African and Turkish origin and even had some French songs and created a great ambience to enjoy the evening, while we could sit and sip on our drinks and eat some delectable food from food stalls put up by the Planet Hollywood Boutique Hotel, Park Hyatt and many more food stalls,” explains Jerry Vaz who was sitting with his family and soaking in the music. The crowd that was slowly grooving to the beats of Camel Riders, also enjoyed the performances of the Sri Lankan Band Slippin Chairs, who have been on a month long tour in Goa. Abby Joseph listening to the Lankan band, added that the type of music they play is probably what catches your attention with their genres varying from rock to soul to RnB. Sean Pereira said it’s rare to be in an environment of peace, that too on the streets with the police doing an amazing job of security and ensuring that there is no hooliganism or any untoward incident. Truly feels like a Goa of the yesteryears. But as the night got younger, the stage of bands, and musical instruments suddenly upped the tempo and allowed the younger crowd to let their hair down and dance into the carnival celebrations as noted Goan band Forefront and the well known DJ Navin took the stage. It was a memorable event with a great set up, that enthralled the audience, with more to come in the following days.
- Reviving Konkani songs for the future generation
- New textbook to help teaching English as a Second Language
- The journey of tiatr, across the seven seas
- Get set for an evening of fashion
- ‘Eric the Ark’ to tell a story relevant through time
- Winners of State Art Exhibition declared. Works to be exhibited
- ‘Prawns’ bags Best Film in Goa Short Film Festival
- Konkani film wins Best Regional Film at Karnataka State Film Awards
- Netflix cancels ‘Luke Cage’ and ‘Iron Fist,’ jeopardizing Marvel’s ambitious superhero project
- The way Goans remember Goa
- Chubby Cheeks Spring Valley High School hosts Science Exhibition SPARK 2018
- Sean Kingston to perform live in Goa at Oktoberfest Goa
................... Advertisements ...................