CELEBRATING 400TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE TELESCOPE
The Association of Friends of Astronomy, Goa, in collaboration with The Goa Science Center, is organising a host of activities to celebrate 400th anniversary of the telescope. Café has the details
After the telescope was invented in Italy by Galileo, in 1609, the first pair of telescopes to India were brought to Goa by a Jesuit priest, Fr Kirwitzer, in 1618. On the night of November 11, 1618, the first telescopic observation on Indian soil was carried at Rachol and Diwar. It is on record that comets too were discovered in Goa by these astronomers through their detailed observations. To commemorate this great anniversary in the history of Science, a state-wide program is being launched by The Association of Friends of Astronomy, Goa in collaboration with The Goa Science Center.
- Now, a pop-up waste bar in Goa that exchanges beverages for beach trash!
- Celebrating the authenticity of Amcho Ganv
- The bicycle, the road and a journey memories are made of
- Old Panjim is the new “cool”
- THE STORIES THAT STAMPS TELL
- Music with a difference: An ode to animals
- BUDGET BLACK HOLES
- Konkani is the only identity of Goa: Vincy Quadros
- ‘CAKEWALK’ WAS ANYTHING BUT A CAKEWALK
- Bringing back the games of yore
- CELEBRATING SACRED MUSIC OF THE WORLD
- Abolianchem Fest – A cultural fiesta
................... Advertisements ...................