CELEBRATING 400TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE TELESCOPE
The Association of Friends of Astronomy, Goa, in collaboration with The Goa Science Center, is organising a host of activities to celebrate 400th anniversary of the telescope. Café has the details
After the telescope was invented in Italy by Galileo, in 1609, the first pair of telescopes to India were brought to Goa by a Jesuit priest, Fr Kirwitzer, in 1618. On the night of November 11, 1618, the first telescopic observation on Indian soil was carried at Rachol and Diwar. It is on record that comets too were discovered in Goa by these astronomers through their detailed observations. To commemorate this great anniversary in the history of Science, a state-wide program is being launched by The Association of Friends of Astronomy, Goa in collaboration with The Goa Science Center.
- Two oppressed sisters and a tale of class and co-dependency
- Goa College of Arts display at IFFI 2018
- Goan ‘Seetee’ at IFFI 2018
- IFFI 2018 SCREENS ‘SOORMA’, THE STORY OF A REAL-LIFE HERO
- Masterclass with Mr India
- Monte '68 to reunite 50 years after school
- Snickers and stickers in amchi bhas
- Ever Upward: Farewell, Stan Lee
- A fashionable grand finale
- When varied art finds a common ground
- Serenity at its best
- Ecclesiastical Goa – An exhibition
................... Advertisements ...................