CELEBRATING 400TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE TELESCOPE
The Association of Friends of Astronomy, Goa, in collaboration with The Goa Science Center, is organising a host of activities to celebrate 400th anniversary of the telescope. Café has the details
After the telescope was invented in Italy by Galileo, in 1609, the first pair of telescopes to India were brought to Goa by a Jesuit priest, Fr Kirwitzer, in 1618. On the night of November 11, 1618, the first telescopic observation on Indian soil was carried at Rachol and Diwar. It is on record that comets too were discovered in Goa by these astronomers through their detailed observations. To commemorate this great anniversary in the history of Science, a state-wide program is being launched by The Association of Friends of Astronomy, Goa in collaboration with The Goa Science Center.
- Indias premier multi-disciplinary arts event Serendipity Arts Festival launched
- Expanding our horizons: Lusophone Film Festival
- Celebrating the creative genius and great art of F N Souza
- Empress Universe 2018 announces Finale winners
- Alia on her father’s response to her rumoured relationship with Ranbir
- Goa’s capital to come alive with colour
- Mahila Nutan wins Nakshatraaz 2018
- Respected institute gets new foundation
- Goa’s talent shines
- Rebecca’s eco friendly birthday
- Hillary Clinton meets rural women artisans with Anita Dongre
- Goa’s Prathamesh Maulingkar is India’s first Mister Supranational winner
................... Advertisements ...................