Romeo and Aviella clinch Gulf Voice of Goa awards
Kuwait’s Romeo Braganza and Dubai’s Aviella D’Souza were adjudged best Gulf Goan Male and Female singers in ‘Gulf Voice of Goa’ singing competition. Romeo’s winning song ‘Maria’ received thunderous applause fromthe home fans while Aviella demonstrated great vocal quality, stage presence and showmanship singing her award winning number ‘Meu Amor’. John Pereira (UAE) with ‘Sopnan Fottoilo’ and Slenzitta D’Cruz (Bahrain) singing ‘Kalliz Velem Chorun’ finished as Runners-up. They received glittering crystal trophies. The winners and runnersup were awarded cash prizes and gift hampers.
The first ever Gulf Voice of Goa Konkani singing competition, a tribute to legendary Goan musician and lyricist Chris Perry, created history, bringing together Goans of all diversity in a mega show of entertainment at Khaldiya University Auditorium, Kuwait. The event was the biggest singing competition outside Goa that offered the best platform for aspiring singers to showcase their talent on the international stage. The competition gathered some of the best Goan singers in the Gulf to demonstrate their vocal talent and prowess. This gave singers and the public a unique, high quality, and unforgettable experience.
The event was organized in aid of the Bahrain Cathedral. Admirably, the program began with a hymn in honour of Our Lady of Arabia. A minute’s silence was also observed at the onset of the program for Indian jawans who lost their lives in the terror attack at Pulwama, Kashmir.
Gurudas Pilernekar, Director of Art and Culture, Goa was present as a special invitee along with Tomazinho Cardozo, ex-chairman of Tiatr Academy of Goa;, Cezar D’Mello, Member Secretary of Tiatr Academy of Goa and Henry Fernandes from Dubai for this event.
Ace performer Jose Rod was a special attraction of the event. He paid tributes to Chris Perry through his speech and song. Apart from the competition entertaining songs, dances, comedy skits and children’s kotti-fugdi dance were a special feature of the show. Cezar D’Mello, Thomazinho Cardozo, Celso Fernandes and Jose Rod judged the competition.
- Will big fat weddings lose some weight in Goa?
- DOES YOUR SMART PHONE NEED TO PLAY HOLI TOO?
- 5 reasons why you should switch to a menstrual cup
- United colours of ‘Holi-thon’ in Goem
- FINAL SHOCK, YET AGAIN
- A woman who juggles many crowns
- The brotherhood of the young search for another ‘Bhai’
- Street food in Gully ka Khana
- Senior Goans rewind to the now missing charm of the battle of the ballot
- FIGURING OUT ‘DELHI-WALLAS’ FROM THE COZIEST FISH CURRY & RICE BUNKERS OF SOUTH GOA
- Beyond stones, bricks, and paint…
- ‘Padaria Caitancamil’ adds nostalgic memories at Big Foot
................... Advertisements ...................