Samabhav Film Festival at Don Bosco College
Men Against Violence and Abuse (MAVA) in collaboration with the social work department at Don Bosco College, Panaji hostedthe second edition of Samabhav, a travelling film festival film on 8, 9 January 2019 at the Don Bosco Bi Centenary Hall. The films covered a wide range of gender matters from various forms of gender based discrimination to challenging the male gender stereotypes and dominant model of masculinity. The screenings and accompanying discussions saw enthusiasm amongst the mixed audience. The festival was open to college students, film-makers and all those who were interested in watching the films. The inaugural function was graced by Harish Sadani, Festival Founder and Director, Fr. Joaquim Lobo, Manager, Cedric Silveira, Principal and Chief guest- Ulrika Sundberg, CounsulGeneral of Sweden, Mumbai. The dignitaries released the festival catalogue. Sundberg urged the audienceto be open minded and accept all genders. After introducing the festival concept, films like ‘Boys who like Girls’’Any other day’ ‘Eli Eli Lama’, ‘Kharaki Kota’ ,’Juice’, ‘I am Bonnie’, ‘S Durga’ etc. were screened. DiscussantsHarish Sadani, MamtaKumari, Francis Fernandes, Milroy Goes, Sabina Martins, Christine, Diana Dias, Nishtha Desai and Sundbergengaged the viewers in active discussion on several topics such as patriarchy, struggle for identity, online harassment, gender bias etc. Samabhav revolved around the idea of ending the urge to changepeople- be it men or women, understanding gender and accepting everyone as they arewithout practicing any sort of discrimination.
- The brotherhood of the young search for another ‘Bhai’
- Street food in Gully ka Khana
- Senior Goans rewind to the now missing charm of the battle of the ballot
- FIGURING OUT ‘DELHI-WALLAS’ FROM THE COZIEST FISH CURRY & RICE BUNKERS OF SOUTH GOA
- ‘Padaria Caitancamil’ adds nostalgic memories at Big Foot
- Beyond stones, bricks, and paint…
- Herald car expo inaugurated
- In election year, India’s first Konkani book on “economics” a handy tool for Goans
- When words fail, Music speaks… through the song ‘NokreTuje’
- NOTE BAN, GST NEGATE NAYSAYERS
- An evening with cellos
- Joyous gathering of the faithful
................... Advertisements ...................