Samabhav Film Festival at Don Bosco College
Men Against Violence and Abuse (MAVA) in collaboration with the social work department at Don Bosco College, Panaji hostedthe second edition of Samabhav, a travelling film festival film on 8, 9 January 2019 at the Don Bosco Bi Centenary Hall. The films covered a wide range of gender matters from various forms of gender based discrimination to challenging the male gender stereotypes and dominant model of masculinity. The screenings and accompanying discussions saw enthusiasm amongst the mixed audience. The festival was open to college students, film-makers and all those who were interested in watching the films. The inaugural function was graced by Harish Sadani, Festival Founder and Director, Fr. Joaquim Lobo, Manager, Cedric Silveira, Principal and Chief guest- Ulrika Sundberg, CounsulGeneral of Sweden, Mumbai. The dignitaries released the festival catalogue. Sundberg urged the audienceto be open minded and accept all genders. After introducing the festival concept, films like ‘Boys who like Girls’’Any other day’ ‘Eli Eli Lama’, ‘Kharaki Kota’ ,’Juice’, ‘I am Bonnie’, ‘S Durga’ etc. were screened. DiscussantsHarish Sadani, MamtaKumari, Francis Fernandes, Milroy Goes, Sabina Martins, Christine, Diana Dias, Nishtha Desai and Sundbergengaged the viewers in active discussion on several topics such as patriarchy, struggle for identity, online harassment, gender bias etc. Samabhav revolved around the idea of ending the urge to changepeople- be it men or women, understanding gender and accepting everyone as they arewithout practicing any sort of discrimination.
- Lorna rules the AIR waves in a bond linked in silver
- Preserving India’s culinary heritage
- Difficult Dialogues partners with Oxford for Fourth annual forum
- Spreading the mantra of safety
- Women’s Leadership Forum discusses Pathways to Resilient Leadership
- Graffiti adds FC Goa colour to Margao
- The power of a country is science and technology: Dr R Chidambaram
- Usha Sardesai: Spreading the goodness of cosmic farming
- Learning the nuances of Sospeso art
- 150th Birth Anniversary of Venerable Agnelo D'Souza
- Mastering the art of teaching
- Conceptualising society through art
................... Advertisements ...................