Conceptualising society through art
Vivek Pereira presents ‘Awareness of Senses’, a solo art exhibition at Sanskriti Bhavan, Patto Panjim that plays on the five senses. Café finds out moreVivek Pereira, a conceptual social artist, brings forth the Awareness of Senses art exhibition, is his first solo exhibition, as a symbol of depicting nature, people and their responsibility towards the environment.
Awareness of Senses lays emphasis on society as it is today. As a fine artist, Vivek vividly portrays corruption, nature deforestation and the destruction of mankind through his paintings. The exhibition dramatically features the five senses – touch, sound, sight, taste and smell. While entering the studio, your sense of touch will be triggered when you walk over the leaves scattered. Similarly, there will be paintings to see, sound of waves played, the smell of eucalyptus camphor which will remind us of the relaxing things in life and the taste of sweet and sour flavours of life through the ‘Imli goli’ sweets. The event was inaugurated by Vinita Chico, Vivek’s first inspiration as a child. “Mrs Vinita was my school teacher at Rosary High School, Miramar, who encouraged me in art and life to be myself, pursue my goals and spread the message of true goemkarponn over the globe,” expresses Vivek. The festival, which is taking place at Sanskriti Bhavan, Patto, Panjim from 9am to 6pm, will conclude on January 21, 2019 and invites people to visit and relax, while simulating their senses.
- The crescendo will rise, as the sun sets, at the Monte
- Rina Shirodkar wins National Award as Innovative Artist
- When in doubt, pedal it out
- Better late than never: Stop Goan roads from becoming open kitchens
- Paintings about the Goan way of life
- JOSH or Not? Bird’s eye views from the new Mandovi bridge
- ‘Hold my Hand’ wins hearts
- When every mixed feeling is a high
- The return of Sunburn: Goa’s gearing up for a Klassique!
- Mysteries of the Goan-Portuguese shared heritage
- My only mistake was that I was trying to cleanse the GSL: Rear Admiral (Rtd) Menon
- What kind of republic are we celebrating?
................... Advertisements ...................