Czech it out! Cal boy to lead major European Orchestra in Amche Goem
The Martinu Czech Philharmonic Orchestra, consisting of 60 members and led by its Indian Conductorto, the Kolkata born Debashish Chaudhuri, will perform at Kala Academy, Panjim on January 17, 2018 at 6:30 pm, marking the 70th Anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between India and the Czech Republic. Lovers of music in Goa can be assured of a repertoire of great classical music. Among the many stars in the orchestra, they have Smetana, who wrote the unbeatable ‘Vltava’, Janacek, who wrote two mind-bending string quartets, and Dvorak, who is in the pantheon of the greats and is famous for his Slavonic Dances and Humoresques as background music. The Martinu Czech Philharmonic Orchestra is led by Indian Conductorto Debashish Chaudhuri, whose musical experience and expression is a unique blend as he was born in Calcutta, India but has been living in Central Europe for the last 18 years. Having studied at the Prague Conservatory, he has a rich European repertoire, 20 years of professional experience with various orchestras and 20 years of professional teaching experience. His passion for the search of symphonic music that is either inspired by India and Asia or written by Asian composers has enabled him to premiere several original works to critical acclaim. He firmly believes that Western and Eastern musical cultures in their purest and highest form though totally different in their conception, can truly communicate. He also enjoys finding and doing master works from the symphonic repertoire that have been largely forgotten. He is also married to a leading Czech pianist, Jana Chaudhuri. The 42-year-old Debashish, said he has been engrossed in music since the age of eight. Referring to the time his parents first brought him his first violin, the moment that led to his decision to take up music as a career. Last year, for the first time in 57 years, the orchestra from Ziln in the Czech Republic performed at Mumbai’s Tata Theatre at The National Centre for the Performing Arts (NCPA). The concert was a resounding success and music lovers clamored for more.
- Reviving Konkani songs for the future generation
- New textbook to help teaching English as a Second Language
- The journey of tiatr, across the seven seas
- Get set for an evening of fashion
- ‘Eric the Ark’ to tell a story relevant through time
- Winners of State Art Exhibition declared. Works to be exhibited
- ‘Prawns’ bags Best Film in Goa Short Film Festival
- Konkani film wins Best Regional Film at Karnataka State Film Awards
- Netflix cancels ‘Luke Cage’ and ‘Iron Fist,’ jeopardizing Marvel’s ambitious superhero project
- The way Goans remember Goa
- Chubby Cheeks Spring Valley High School hosts Science Exhibition SPARK 2018
- Sean Kingston to perform live in Goa at Oktoberfest Goa
................... Advertisements ...................