Empowering through example
Two programmes of ‘Empowering Youth 2018’ were recently conducted for students of Stds X and IX respectively at Government High School, Morpirla- Quepem by JCI Salcete Coastal under the Program Impact 2030 of JCI IndiaThe JCI Salcete Coastal recently organised two sessions of the programme, Empowering Youth 2018, for two days under National Program of JCI India under Impact 2030 for Empowering Youth at Government School for Individual Development. The programmes were held at Government High School, Morpirla-Quepem for two groups, namely, students of Std X and those of Std IX. A total of 29 students from the tenth standard and 65 students from the ninth standard attended this programme that was conducted by five trainers from JCI India Zone XI.
Empowering Youth is a programme of JCI India that emphasises on the participants to make a paradigm shift in them, raise their level of confidence in them, equip them to face challenges in this competitive world and groom them to drive them into status of duty conscious and value driven citizens in the future. The programme of ‘Empowering Youth under Impact 2030’ by JCI Salcete Coastal was held with modules on Time Management, Memory Power and Techniques, Personal Grooming And Etiquettes, Decision Making, Team Building, Effective Communication and Motivation by various Faculties like Jc Ismail Shaikhsarad, Zone Trainer and G & D Cell Chairman Zone XI, Jc Karishma Naik, Immediate Past President of JCI Salcete Coastal and Zone Trainer, Jc Avin Naik Prime Trainer from JCI India Zone XI, Jc Elton Fernandes, National Trainer and Jc Adrian a Impact Trainer of JCI India Zone XI. The students of Government High School at Morpirla-Quepem were given a lot of information and there was knowledge sharing via interactions with students, practical examples, various activities and games. Maria Morena Noronha, Headmistress of Government High School, Jc Patricia Mendonca, President of JCI Salcete Coastal, teachers Cassy Carneiro, Ganaraj Kurtarkar, Suman Bandekar, Candolin Fernandes, Meghan Bhiker, Filipina Fernandes along with Jc Ashwini Gaonkar, the coordinator of ‘Empowering Youth’ were also present.
- From Goa to the world – The journey of Vamona Navelcar’s art
- Running together for cleaner waters
- Goa’s last standing metal band set to release first music video
- Despacito Konkani cover hits one million views
- Praying for a bountiful catch at Sangodd
- Students dig deeper into Konkani film ‘Juze’
- Effective management of inter-collegiate tournaments
- VMSIIHE students secure internships in Portugal
- Goa’s son is Pro Vice-Chancellor of university in Dubai
- Restore Goa – A musical plea
- Finally, Goa’s nightingale, Lorna, meets her onscreen avatar, Palomi
- An organic solution to the plastic menace
................... Advertisements ...................