Fado from Goa to the Holy Land
Goa’s fadista Sonia Shirsat was invited to perform the soulful music form of Fado in the Holy Land. She had one concert in Bethlehem and another in Jerusalem. Both the concerts were very well received. The local crowds highly appreciated the performances.
The concert in Bethlehem was held on The Star Street that leads to the Church of Nativity, a zone that is recognised by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. The Concert in Jerusalem, was held in The Old City, another World Heritage Site near the Lion Gate. The concerts began with an instrumental piece played by very talented Goan musicians Orlando de Noronha (Portuguese guitar), Dr Allan Abreu (12 string guitar) and Carlos Meneses (Viola de Fado). Fadista Sonia Shirsat regaled the audiences with her powerful yet sensitive voice, interpreting famous fados in her own style. She narrated in English the meaning of the Fados, in order to give the audience a better understanding of the Fados. Sonia Shirsat and her troupe were invited to the Holy Land by the Portuguese Ambassador to Palestine Dr Rui Baceira, Institute Camões and the Bethlehem Music Academy.
- Celebrating the feast of St Michael the Archangel
- Tanushree says she’s appalled at Farah; cynical about Priyanka and Twinkle's intentions
- Ten Female superhero movies to look forward to
- Celebrating a decade of Excellence
- Taking ‘Questão de Confusão’ to the masses
- Aiming for the stars
- Tenth edition of Semana da Cultura Indo – Portuguesa (Goa) set to begin
- What is emotional intelligence?
- StPadre Pio – A relevant saint for our times
- Thapttak Thapott
- Rainbow – A Goan web series
- The lessons of living in House at 43, Hill Road
................... Advertisements ...................