Fado from Goa to the Holy Land
Goa’s fadista Sonia Shirsat was invited to perform the soulful music form of Fado in the Holy Land. She had one concert in Bethlehem and another in Jerusalem. Both the concerts were very well received. The local crowds highly appreciated the performances.
The concert in Bethlehem was held on The Star Street that leads to the Church of Nativity, a zone that is recognised by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. The Concert in Jerusalem, was held in The Old City, another World Heritage Site near the Lion Gate. The concerts began with an instrumental piece played by very talented Goan musicians Orlando de Noronha (Portuguese guitar), Dr Allan Abreu (12 string guitar) and Carlos Meneses (Viola de Fado). Fadista Sonia Shirsat regaled the audiences with her powerful yet sensitive voice, interpreting famous fados in her own style. She narrated in English the meaning of the Fados, in order to give the audience a better understanding of the Fados. Sonia Shirsat and her troupe were invited to the Holy Land by the Portuguese Ambassador to Palestine Dr Rui Baceira, Institute Camões and the Bethlehem Music Academy.
- Goan start-up crushes Tata Crucible, registers a ‘Seynse-ational’ win!
- Priti Gokani casts a spell with love, light and a bit of magic
- Singing cheers for FC Goa
- Goa set for explosion of talent as Serendipity Arts Festival announces its return
- A feast of classical music
- The art of journey and self-expression
- Tantalising flavours of Hyderabad
- Rickshaw Ravers: A cross-country ride for a cause!
- The stories that stamps tell
- Every trailer released at the New York Comic Con 2018
- Singing together for FC Goa
................... Advertisements ...................