IFFI 2018 SCREENS ‘SOORMA’, THE STORY OF A REAL-LIFE HERO
Producer/actor Chitrangada Singh and director Shaad Ali presented their film ‘Soorma’ at an open-air screening at the recently held IFFI 2018. The screening of the sports biopic was an extension of the Khelo India Branding This year, as an extension of the Khelo India Branding, Indian sports biopics were screened at the 49th International Film Festival of India. As part of the initiative, the film ‘Soorma’, a biopic on the extraordinary journey of hockey player Sandeep Singh, was screened in the presence of its producer, Chitrangada Singh, and director Shaad Ali. While speaking at the occasion, Chitrangada said, “We knew we had the right intent and right content to make the film. This is a small effort to make a hero out of a real-life hero. Here’s to Sandeep Singh.”
It was an open-air screening, where a large screen was put up. Apart from ‘Soorma’, the other films screened in this section included‘Gold’, ‘Mary Kom’, ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’, ‘1983’ and ‘MSD: The untold story’.
- It’s Heritage time in Fatorda
- Bond over food at Thaal
- Across North Goa, joined hands are loosening the garbage gridlock
- ‘Talking’ has surpassed technology and time
- Co-working: the new Goa’s professional tinto
- NOT EVERYONE CAN FLY, AT LEAST NOT THIS SUMMER
- Books are most powerful weapon of them all!
- Let’s report on trash or pick it up
- AVENGERS… IT’S THE END!
- The King’s School hosted IPL style King’s Premier League tennis ball cricket
- Annual Awards Day at Damodar College
- We used our right! Now it will bear fruits…