IFFI 2018 SCREENS ‘SOORMA’, THE STORY OF A REAL-LIFE HERO
Producer/actor Chitrangada Singh and director Shaad Ali presented their film ‘Soorma’ at an open-air screening at the recently held IFFI 2018. The screening of the sports biopic was an extension of the Khelo India Branding This year, as an extension of the Khelo India Branding, Indian sports biopics were screened at the 49th International Film Festival of India. As part of the initiative, the film ‘Soorma’, a biopic on the extraordinary journey of hockey player Sandeep Singh, was screened in the presence of its producer, Chitrangada Singh, and director Shaad Ali. While speaking at the occasion, Chitrangada said, “We knew we had the right intent and right content to make the film. This is a small effort to make a hero out of a real-life hero. Here’s to Sandeep Singh.”
It was an open-air screening, where a large screen was put up. Apart from ‘Soorma’, the other films screened in this section included‘Gold’, ‘Mary Kom’, ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’, ‘1983’ and ‘MSD: The untold story’.
- The crescendo will rise, as the sun sets, at the Monte
- Rina Shirodkar wins National Award as Innovative Artist
- When in doubt, pedal it out
- Better late than never: Stop Goan roads from becoming open kitchens
- Paintings about the Goan way of life
- JOSH or Not? Bird’s eye views from the new Mandovi bridge
- ‘Hold my Hand’ wins hearts
- When every mixed feeling is a high
- The return of Sunburn: Goa’s gearing up for a Klassique!
- Mysteries of the Goan-Portuguese shared heritage
- My only mistake was that I was trying to cleanse the GSL: Rear Admiral (Rtd) Menon
- What kind of republic are we celebrating?
................... Advertisements ...................