Indian couples love travelling in the rain!
The monsoons mean different things for different people but for couples, it’s just another excuse to get romantic. And what better way to explore the romantic side of the season than by travelling?With the onset of the monsoons, more and more couples are taking advantage of the pleasant weather and heading for short breaks with 30 per cent planning it with their better halves, says a study conducted by travel marketplace ixigo.
The data reveals that 39 per cent Indians, travelling during the monsoon, are planning to travel as couples, followed by 24 per cent with family and 18 per cent solo, reads a statement. Couples are planning short-stays that extend to about three or four days. Also, hotel searches for Goa show the maximum spike of 16 per cent from previous months, while Shillong and Guwahati follow with 11 per cent and 9 per cent spikes respectively. While about 25 per cent couples from Chennai and 18 per cent from Bangalore are booking a short vacation to Puducherry, about 14 per cent couples are travelling from Mumbai to Goa via train. Commenting on the findings, Aloke Bajpai, ixigo CEO & Co-founder said, “With the arrival of monsoon across the country, millennial couples are now planning their bae-cations. Travel becomes far more affordable during the monsoon as it is a lean season in comparison to summer and winter. “Major Indian airlines have announced their monsoon sales, offering big discounts on flights, reducing fares by almost 20 per cent. Goa remains to be the most popular destination showing an 8 per cent increase in in flight and 16 per cent increase in hotel searches. It is great to note, how owing to improved infrastructure and better flight connectivity, north-eastern destinations like Shillong and Guwahati are also becoming crowd favourites.” – Agencies
- Konkani’s singing sensation
- Time to question yourself to reconnect better
- Fr. Freddy J da Costa Memorial ‘Gulab Awards 2017’
- Sidhant Amalkant from Goa is heading to Brazil to play alongside Neymar Jr
- Mozambique and Goa through the lens
- Goan bikers on ride of a lifetime, to Ladakh
- A lifetime of tiatr achievements
- What you need to know about Hepatitis
- Making a breakthrough for sportswomen in India
- Fresh ways to wear culottes
- Capturing the Goan essence on film
- Painting the town Red (...and Black, and Purple!)
................... Advertisements ...................