It’s a feast, it’s in Divar and it’s not just for kids
You can never keep a festekar away from his feats. Marius Fernandes, the go to guy for Goa’s fests, loves it best when there’s a fest in his own island of Divar called the Bhurgaenchem Fest’ Though it’s children centric but not necessarily for kidsMarius Fernandes, the brains behind the festival, feels proud to give something back to his school through this three-day festival. “This is the first ever Children’s Festival that will be taking place at Our Lady of Divar School, Divar. On all three days, we will have an eminent speaker highlighting one aspect of everyday life,” says Marius.
The fest will be taking place at Our Lady of Divar School, Divar from May 7 to 9, 2019 from from 9 am to 1 pm,. Just as well because May afternoons are hot and sultry The showstoppers for this fest will be noted environmentalists and heritage protectors and they will connect with those who can still be agents of change, children On May 7, heritage guru, PrajalSakhardande will speak on ‘History and Heritage of Divar’. “I will focus on places of historical prominence in Divar like the Saptokeshwar Tank, Candelaria Chapel, Cave and Divar Piedade Church” says Prajal. On May 8, environmentalist, writer and Goa’s ‘best green thumb’ Miguel Braganza will speak on ‘Gardening and Plants’ while Sangeeta Naik will speak on ‘Effective use of Mobiles and internet to aid academic studies’. Also taking centre stage at this event will be Uzwadd- The Rays of Hope, an awareness troupe of 15 students led by Sendra Pereira and Arati Rane, two teachers from Dhempe College of Arts and Science, Miramar. The students will be performing skits and songs for the participants of Bhurgeanchem Fest and coordinating the workshops. There will be workshops in art, tiatr, dance, football, painting, gardening, street play, media and publicity, and singing, a quiz on Goa and games of Goa. Pretty packed, And no kid stuff this.
- ENOUGH! Goans want the taxi “menace’ to stop
- It’s daddy’s day today!
- The sunset years are full of long nights
- What will be the fate of Goa’s bookstores?
- Lesson #1 from #trashtag: Do not re-litter places cleaned
- Akshada releases new single on women empowerment
- Toeing the shoreline
- Unsung Eco heroes of Goa, play the tune of protection
- A unique celebration of the feast of St Anthony
- We need some blood, please
- Here’s to not just Konkani or Marathi cinema, but Goan cinema
- SPORTS ‘SCREENINGS’ SET TO SOAR TEMPERATURES OF THIS CRICKET SEASON