Learning the nuances of Sospeso art
The Directorate of Art and Culture is organising the Sospeso Art Workshop to preserve and promote the Cultural Heritage of the State of Goa
The Directorate of Art and Culture is known to regularly organise creative programmers, activities, exhibitions and workshops. Carrying on this tradition, they have taken the initiative of organising a different kind of workshop that will only feature the artistic procedure of ‘Sospeso Art’. The Sospeso Art Workshop is aimed at encouraging audience to learn new kinds of art forms. The workshop will be held from January 28 to February 1, 2019 at Sanskriti Bhavan, Patto, Panjim. Goa’s Alpana Kale, an expert in Sospeso Art will mentor the five-day workshop with various innovative techniques that are mainly used in this art form. Sospeso is a creative 3D art and craft invented and patented by Italian artist Monica Allegro. The art involves heating and shaping flat patterns, and designing them into beautiful 3D art pieces. The enrollment for the workshop is a first come first basis, and up to 35 participants will be a part of the class. An entry fee of Rs 300 will be charged along with a form that needs to be submitted at the Directorate of Art and Culture, Sanskriti Bhavan, Patto, Panjim
- The crescendo will rise, as the sun sets, at the Monte
- Rina Shirodkar wins National Award as Innovative Artist
- When in doubt, pedal it out
- Better late than never: Stop Goan roads from becoming open kitchens
- Paintings about the Goan way of life
- JOSH or Not? Bird’s eye views from the new Mandovi bridge
- ‘Hold my Hand’ wins hearts
- When every mixed feeling is a high
- The return of Sunburn: Goa’s gearing up for a Klassique!
- Mysteries of the Goan-Portuguese shared heritage
- My only mistake was that I was trying to cleanse the GSL: Rear Admiral (Rtd) Menon
- What kind of republic are we celebrating?
................... Advertisements ...................