tiatr written and directed by Gloria Ferrao and presented by Realistic Dreams, Valpoi,
revolves around pride and its fall. Rita Braganza (Gloria Ferrao), who calls
herself a social worker, lives with her husband, Lino (Anthony Mascarenhas),
and her two children. Their maid, Carmelin (Elita Fernandes), also lives with
Rita is in possession of Carmelin’s property papers and
ill-treats her at every fold. Although Lino shows compassion towards the maid,
Rita is authoritative and exploits Carmelin. When Carmelin is badly in need of
money for her daughter, Rita refuses to assist.
On the other hand, Clara (Fatima) resides with her two sons,
Myron (Joesan) and Richie (Christiano). This family is poverty stricken, but
the members stay united, despite all odds. Myron assures his mother that after
completion of studies, he will support the family by securing a good job and
Tiatr ‘Podvi’ carries a poor script and fails to progress after
every scene. There’s nothing much to relate and convey to the audience.
In the comic acts,
Marcus as Burkuleo makes efforts to entertain, but lacks a partner on stage.
and Gloria Ferrao team as husband and wife, while across the fence, there is
Fatima as the matriarch of her family. Joesan and Christiano as siblings look
comfortable with each other.
In the category of
songs, there were solos by Salvador Afonso, Collin Crasto and Joesan Afonso,
besides duets by Anthony Mascarenhas and Gloria and a choral by Cliffa and
Elita. But a trio had to be dropped due to poor coordination between the
singers and the musicians. A quartet went amiss in the drama. Other songs,
besides cantos as mentioned in the summary, were not delivered on stage.
Although it was a
poor presentation from Realistic Dreams, Valpoi, the stage sets need to be
commended. But the properties on stage like the computer table, dinner table,
the wash basin were hardly utilised by the artistes.
and his team provided music to the songs.
- Goan start-up crushes Tata Crucible, registers a ‘Seynse-ational’ win!
- Priti Gokani casts a spell with love, light and a bit of magic
- Singing cheers for FC Goa
- Goa set for explosion of talent as Serendipity Arts Festival announces its return
- A feast of classical music
- The art of journey and self-expression
- Tantalising flavours of Hyderabad
- Rickshaw Ravers: A cross-country ride for a cause!
- The stories that stamps tell
- Every trailer released at the New York Comic Con 2018
- Singing together for FC Goa
................... Advertisements ...................