Praying to the mother of Mary
The feast of St Anne, famously known as ‘Touxanchem Fest’ (cucumber feast) here, was celebrated at the Church of St Anne at Talaulim, Tiswadi. St Anne is the Patroness of childless couples, grandmothers, grandfathers and pregnant women. The 17th century church is a major example of the Portuguese Baroque architecture built in Portuguese India and is considered the largest surviving monument in Asia as the church construction work began in 1557.
On the feast day, devotees flocked to the church in serpentine queues with candles, garlands and cucumbers in hand to pray for a suitable bride or groom while married couples petitioned for a child to the mother of Mother Mary. Many couples who were blessed with a child were also called forward to give thanks and present their testimony after the Mass.
- Celebrating the feast of St Michael the Archangel
- Tanushree says she’s appalled at Farah; cynical about Priyanka and Twinkle's intentions
- Ten Female superhero movies to look forward to
- Celebrating a decade of Excellence
- Taking ‘Questão de Confusão’ to the masses
- Aiming for the stars
- Tenth edition of Semana da Cultura Indo – Portuguesa (Goa) set to begin
- What is emotional intelligence?
- StPadre Pio – A relevant saint for our times
- Thapttak Thapott
- Rainbow – A Goan web series
- The lessons of living in House at 43, Hill Road
................... Advertisements ...................