Rebecca’s eco friendly birthday
No age is too young to be environmentally aware and do your bit for the ecology and a young girl from Panjim proved just that with her uniquely themed tenth birthday
It’s not uncommon for kids to want colourful and exuberant birthday parties with balloons, glitter and cute themes like fairies, superheroes, Disney princesses, etc. And while that’s fair and fine as every child deserves the party of their dreams, it’s wonderful to come across a little girl with a different thought process. Rebecca de Souza, a child gospel singer from Std 4 at Sharada Mandir School decided to celebrate her tenth birthday, a milestone in any child’s life, with Mother Nature, asking for an eco themed party. ‘Reuse Reduce & Recycle with Rebecca’ set the ball rolling and a lot of care was taken while planning for the day. The markets are flooded with plastic but the family wanted to be environmentally friendly in everything they use so they spent quite the time looking out for eco-friendly alternatives such as bamboo plates, steel and glass serving platters lined with banana leaves, etc. For the takeaway gift, Rebecca wanted her little friends to take home their very own potted plant. After much searching, a local potter/artisan from Bicholim was happy to make the pots for the birthday. Even the décor was given post IFFI by a stall owner who liked Rebecca’s idea. This included paper flags and posters that were used in the stall. Reused and loving it!
- Graffiti adds FC Goa colour to Margao
- The power of a country is science and technology: Dr R Chidambaram
- Usha Sardesai: Spreading the goodness of cosmic farming
- Learning the nuances of Sospeso art
- 150th Birth Anniversary of Venerable Agnelo D'Souza
- Mastering the art of teaching
- Conceptualising society through art
- Music that speaks culture
- Inspiring people to conceive new ideas
- A collaborative concert by ‘The Terra Rosa Gypsies’
- STAR SHINE SINE DIE
- Milagres SC humble Saligao
................... Advertisements ...................