Saying goodbye to Christmastime
Seasons come and go by but the joy and memories remain until we are back to Christmas again to create new ones. It’s the last day before saying goodbye to your bows and hollies. It is usually the last day families keep the Christmas decorations, Christmas tree and the stars and come January 7, families start taking these items down. January 6 marks the feast of Epiphany, or Three Kings’ Feast.
Café gets a cross section of views of how they
feel about this day and the end of the Christmas – New Year’s festive season:
It’s my first yuletide away from home so it really feels different. But putting this aside, Christmas was a reminder of good things like love, kindness and family togetherness. People tend to be kind and more thoughtful and generous during this period. As the season comes to an end, it makes me feel hopeful that the world could be a better place if people can bring to their everyday lives the love and kindness this season has.
CHRISTINA JOYCE CARLOS
Feeling nostalgia. How I’m going to miss the times I had during Christmas season with my family and friends until next Christmas. It’s kind of a sad feeling too.
It saddens my heart to know that it is almost the end of this wonderful season. Even though Christmas ended I want the feeling of love and togetherness to remain in our family. This keeps us in a good mood of waiting for another prosperous year.
In Goa, the three kings’ feast is celebrated at Reis Magos Cansaulim and Chandor. It is a very big festival where three youngsters dressed as kings ride on horses till the church. There is a big fair and a band is played. Its significance is the end of Christmas season. During Christmas, we are always so engrossed in preparing sweets, setting up cribs, buying new clothes and meeting relatives. Now is the end of the season, putting all the decors back and getting back to work. I pray this joy of Christmas continues even on ordinary days.
MARIA RITA ALPHONSO
- Goexit: Exodus rush from Goa to beat Brexit deadline
- What’s next for Goexiters, after Britain finally has to leave
- Porn ‘no?’ graphy
- Cricket helps bars and sports bars score this IPL season
- EASTER MAY NOT BE THE LAST HURRAH FOR GOA’S TOURISM
- Music… the best way to worship God
- The elephant in Goa’s nightlife space: Code of conduct
- GOENCHOAVAZ PROVIDES PASSPORT TO A NEW STAGE
- GIM hosts seventh edition of ‘Anveshan’
- GOA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING STUDENTS WIN GOA QUALIFIERS OF RED BULL PAPER WINGS 2019
- VISTARA – Expanding all horizons
- Creativity on display