Taking to the field
Sprouts Group of DBCA-Sulcorna (female students), led by Priyanka Parab, are doing method demonstration
in GLM (Green Leaf Manuring) with Glyricedia sepium leaves and tender shoots
and line transplanting for rice transplanting for the Madagascar Method or SRI
(System of Rice Intensification), tribal practice from Madagascar- Africa that
was researched and promoted by Cornell University of USA.
The Men’s Group,
which calls itself the Kushawati Pistons, led by Akshay Parab, also teamed up
with the Agri Sprouts to add value to the demonstrations.
This was done in the
village of Malcornem near Salaulim Dam in Sanguem taluka that is located not
too far away from DBCA Sulcorna as part of the Rural Agriculture Work
Experience Program (RAWEP). RAWEP is a compulsory activity of one semester
duration, which includes a 12 weeks’ stay among the farming families in the
target village. The group lives like a family, including cooking their own
food. There is no other student group working in this village. RAWEP camp
started on June 11, 2018 and will continue till September, 2018.
was also a Foot & Mouth Disease vaccination program for cattle organised by
the Agri Bright group of six female students of Don Bosco College of
Agriculture led by Vrundan Parab as a part of their RAWEP activity in village
Netravali, with the technical manpower of the Veterinary Dispensary of the
Directorate of AH and VS, Government of Goa and support of the Village
Panchayat of Neturlim.
- StPadre Pio – A relevant saint for our times
- Thapttak Thapott
- Rainbow – A Goan web series
- The lessons of living in House at 43, Hill Road
- The love of Portuguese in song
- A NEW DIRECTION, THROUGH POETRY
- What’s all the confusion about ‘Questao de Confusao’
- Giant ‘crab’ served on a plate to urge public to go vegan
- ‘Super Shakespeare’ – The Bard meets Cosplayers at Cosfest Goa
- Fr Agnel College holds anti plastic rally
- Students at ACCLA bake and dispatch 8,400 cookies to be distributed in Kerala
................... Advertisements ...................