Talent and culture meet at State Youth Festival
The Directorate of Sports and Youth Affair, Government of Goa, has organised the 17th State Youth Festival, 2019 at Kala Academy Panjim. The festival, which commenced on January 10, 2019, will be on till January 12. The three-day event consists of varied activities for the youth. Invitations for registration had been sent out to various cultural clubs and departments of colleges. The events will take place between 9:30 am and 6pm on all days. Before the state level festival, the Department had organised the youth festival at a zonal level in places like Pernem, Bardez and Bicholim, in order to make it easier for the rural area participants. The winners for the regional level then qualify for the state level festival. On the first day of the festival, there were sessions of Goanfolk dance, Bharatnatayam, Khatak, guitar, sitar and elocution. In the coming days, the participants will be seen performing one-act plays, tabla, flute, harmonium, classical vocal and folk songs. The closing ceremony will be held on January 12 at 12 pm.
- Will big fat weddings lose some weight in Goa?
- DOES YOUR SMART PHONE NEED TO PLAY HOLI TOO?
- 5 reasons why you should switch to a menstrual cup
- United colours of ‘Holi-thon’ in Goem
- FINAL SHOCK, YET AGAIN
- A woman who juggles many crowns
- The brotherhood of the young search for another ‘Bhai’
- Street food in Gully ka Khana
- Senior Goans rewind to the now missing charm of the battle of the ballot
- FIGURING OUT ‘DELHI-WALLAS’ FROM THE COZIEST FISH CURRY & RICE BUNKERS OF SOUTH GOA
- Beyond stones, bricks, and paint…
- ‘Padaria Caitancamil’ adds nostalgic memories at Big Foot
................... Advertisements ...................