Winners of State Art Exhibition declared. Works to be exhibited
Goa has declared the results of 44th State
Art Exhibition (Artist Category).Accordingly, in the Painting and Graphic Print
Section, Hitesh Pankar, Veenita S Chendvankar and Damodar Madgaonkar have been
selected for the award. In Applied and Graphic design section, Sunil H Naik,
Kalidas K Satardekar and Sandesh Gaundalkar have been selected and in Sculpture
section, Sagar Suresh Naik Mule, Kailash Sadashiv Parab and Navso K Parwar has
been selected. They will be awarded Rs 20,000 each.
Pramod Kamble (Ahmednagar), Gopinath Kukde (Mumbai) and Rajan
Fulari (New Delhi) were on the panel of jury for this competitive exhibition.
Kala Academy has been organising the State Art Exhibition for
the last 43 years.This year, altogether 144 works were received in all the
three sections and a total of64 works were selected for display in the
exhibition. The exhibition will be inaugurated at the hands ofGovind Gaude,
Minister for Art and Culture, Government of Goa and Chairman of Kala Academy on
October 31, 2018 at 4:30 pm in the Art Gallery of Kala Academy, which will be
followed by prize distribution function at the Black Box of Kala Academy.
On this occasion, a
lecture on the topic ‘The phrase and the text…some linguistic problems in
Modern Indian and Contemporary Art’ aided with a slide show presentation will
be delivered by Prof Dr Deepak Kannal, Art Historian from Baroda.
exhibition will be on view for public from November 1 to 4, 2018 between 10am
- The crescendo will rise, as the sun sets, at the Monte
- Rina Shirodkar wins National Award as Innovative Artist
- When in doubt, pedal it out
- Better late than never: Stop Goan roads from becoming open kitchens
- Paintings about the Goan way of life
- JOSH or Not? Bird’s eye views from the new Mandovi bridge
- ‘Hold my Hand’ wins hearts
- When every mixed feeling is a high
- The return of Sunburn: Goa’s gearing up for a Klassique!
- Mysteries of the Goan-Portuguese shared heritage
- My only mistake was that I was trying to cleanse the GSL: Rear Admiral (Rtd) Menon
- What kind of republic are we celebrating?
................... Advertisements ...................