12 mining leases in Sonshi denied ‘Consent to Operate’
PANJIM: Holding that the iron ore mining leases have exceeded their air pollution limit, the Goa State Pollution Control Board (GSPCB) has refused to grant Consent to Operate to 12 of the 13 mining leases operational in the Sonshi village of Sattari taluka.
- Goa’s only native Chief Secretary, Dr J C Almeida, passes away
- CM vows to expose double standards of Congress
- ACB left handicapped with transfer of PIs
- MMC junket to study junk in Ajmer, or ‘study’ trip?
- V K Jha report on Ruby collapse gathering dust
- 14-yr-old Ankit still missing, parents to meet CM to expedite probe
- Charging of patients at GMC postponed
- New Goa Schedule of Rates to iron out GST woes
- New minor minerals rules could see auction of sand extraction
- File on Margao garden missing for months was ‘found’ hours after Herald report
- CM cautions on overuse of urea in farming
- 3 booked for assaulting police
................... Advertisements ...................