Herald: Cops verifying Ishwar’s confession on his Goa visit last year
Herald News

Cops verifying Ishwar’s confession on his Goa visit last year

31 May 2018 05:42am IST
Leave a comment
31 May 2018 05:42am IST

Presume he must have come after committing the double murder at Mehdikun waterfall in Indore

Team Herald


MARGAO: The Goa Police are verifying the Betalbatim gang-rape main accused Ishwar Makhwana’s confession that he had been in Goa for around two weeks in November last year.

Incidentally, this is the third time the Ishwar has come to Goa with his first visit being in 2012. He has confessed to coming to Goa in November last year and staying here for a fortnight. Police presume he must have come after committing the double murder at Mehdikun waterfall in Indore.

Police say, he is not disclosing all the facts and has been giving brief statements, which is making it difficult for them to confirm what he is saying. 

He said he lived near Colva and worked there in November.  At the same time he is also reported to have said that he had worked for the fishing industry, the police added.

It is precisely because of such conflicting reports that the police are waiting to first confirm all that he says and then take necessary action.

Meanwhile, it is learnt that nearly 70 per cent of the investigations into the case have been completed and all evidence has been collected by the police, who incidentally are also checking whether the mobiles used by the three accused were stolen or purchased.

--

Constitute a fast track court: SP on Betalbatim gang-rape
MARGAO: The South Goa Superintendent of Police Arvind Gawas in a letter to the Home Department has asked for constituting a fast track court for speedy trial of the Betalbatim gang-rape case. 
Gawas on Wednesday said he has written a letter to the Home Department to constitute a fast track court to quickly run trial and dispose of the case. 
The SP informed that the letter has been written in view of the seriousness of the case. 
He confirmed that they are not going to hand over the accused to the Madhya Pradesh Police until the trial is complete. 
It may be recalled that some NGOs have been demanding that the accused be hanged to death and have called for constituting a fast track court for the quick trial of the accused. 
The SP is waiting for the Home Department to reply to his letter. 

Leave a comment
Comments
Leave a comment


Advertise     |     Contact Us     |     About Us     |     Terms of Use     |     Privacy Policy     |     Disclaimer     |     Designed by Team Inertia Technologies

       

Designed by Team Inertia Technologies