Delhi MP seeks protection of Inquisition Pillar
31 Aug 2017 05:23am IST
East Delhi MP Maheish Girri, writes to Chief Minister raising concerns on its miserable condition; MP is member of parliamentary consultative committee on tourism, Wants preservation for archaeological, historical and emotional values PANJIM: Lok Sabha Member of Parliament from East Delhi, Maheish Girri, has called upon the Goa government to protect and preserve the historic ‘Hath Kataro Khamb’ (Pillar of Inquisition) located at Old Goa, which is known as a silent symbol of the Portuguese inquisition during the colonial rule.
- 9 Pune natives held for outraging minor’s modesty
- Cops verifying Ishwar’s confession on his Goa visit last year
- Rane calls for stopping cow slaughter
- CM’s absence keeps liquor traders waiting?
- MPs, MLAs in Delhi to seek solution to mining crisis
- Bank employees strike hits services
- Patient being treated at GMC tests negative for Nipah
- CM in video message reaffirms employment creation commitment
- Cabinet nod for extension of regularisation of illegal structures scheme
- Feast fair record revenue exposes MMC’s failure to deal with plastic wasteTeam
- NGO wants death penalty for main gang-rape accused
- GCZMA inspects Velsao project site
................... Advertisements ...................