Delhi MP seeks protection of Inquisition Pillar
31 Aug 2017 05:23am IST
East Delhi MP Maheish Girri, writes to Chief Minister raising concerns on its miserable condition; MP is member of parliamentary consultative committee on tourism, Wants preservation for archaeological, historical and emotional values PANJIM: Lok Sabha Member of Parliament from East Delhi, Maheish Girri, has called upon the Goa government to protect and preserve the historic ‘Hath Kataro Khamb’ (Pillar of Inquisition) located at Old Goa, which is known as a silent symbol of the Portuguese inquisition during the colonial rule.
- All govt payments to be cashless from Oct 1
- Taxi lobby threatens to hold Goa to ransom yet again
- 90% toilets built for BPL families used as storerooms: CM
- Councillors across party lines ‘file’ out of MMC after ammonia file goes missing
- US woman posts molestation ordeal online
- Two held for thefts
- Residents of low-lying areas alerted to high tide this week
- Bruno Azaredo is King Momo 2018
- Seriously, isn’t Mhadei a matter of concern?
- GoaPRIU writes to PM on power to ZPs, panchayats
- Power sub-station at Sal soon: CM
- Collectorate extends deadline for job aspirants’ registration
................... Advertisements ...................