Delhi MP seeks protection of Inquisition Pillar
31 Aug 2017 05:23am IST
East Delhi MP Maheish Girri, writes to Chief Minister raising concerns on its miserable condition; MP is member of parliamentary consultative committee on tourism, Wants preservation for archaeological, historical and emotional values PANJIM: Lok Sabha Member of Parliament from East Delhi, Maheish Girri, has called upon the Goa government to protect and preserve the historic ‘Hath Kataro Khamb’ (Pillar of Inquisition) located at Old Goa, which is known as a silent symbol of the Portuguese inquisition during the colonial rule.
- Mopa Airport security firm operating with non-Goans
- Damage control mode activated in CORRIDORS OF POWER…
- Kerala shadow looms large over tourism season
- Inventory of hazardous waste generation to be conducted
- Give him more powers
- No more taxis to Dudhsagar
- State is in a self-imposed emergency: CLP
- Now skilled to face life after a tough start
- Nigerian held with drugs, for overstaying
- Files take the long route from Porvorim to Panjim via New York
- Mormugao civic body to ink MoU with NGO to tackle stray cattle menace
- NGPDA invites objections to Arpora, Nagoa, Parra land use map
................... Advertisements ...................