Delhi MP seeks protection of Inquisition Pillar
31 Aug 2017 05:23am IST
East Delhi MP Maheish Girri, writes to Chief Minister raising concerns on its miserable condition; MP is member of parliamentary consultative committee on tourism, Wants preservation for archaeological, historical and emotional values PANJIM: Lok Sabha Member of Parliament from East Delhi, Maheish Girri, has called upon the Goa government to protect and preserve the historic ‘Hath Kataro Khamb’ (Pillar of Inquisition) located at Old Goa, which is known as a silent symbol of the Portuguese inquisition during the colonial rule.
- Lucky 7 owners violated CoP conditions
- BJP hits out at CSJP fact-finding report
- State agencies can have limited effect on narcotics trade: DIG
- Kajol’s death leaves a deep scar in Yadav family
- Verna IDC road to Borim via Loutolim to be ready in 6 months: Sudin
- Sudin assures to repair potholed roads
- NGPDA to clear encroachments along beaches
- Judge allows Vikat’s one petition
- MEA sends police complaint of Nigerian accusing Goa cop of harassment
- CCTV cameras may be re-installed at Vasco soon
- Cockroach in patties forces shutdown of Sanguem bakery
- Freak accident report at Poinginuim market
................... Advertisements ...................