Experts to inspect HSRP process today

Inspection mandated as per rules; Thousands of vehicles already fitted with new registration plates
Experts to inspect HSRP process today
Published on
PANJIM: After clearing the first round of inspection of High Security Registration Plates (HSRP) last year, subsequent to which the project came into force, Real Mazon Pvt Ltd – the contractor appointed for fitment of registration plates – will face another test on Thursday. 
Experts from the International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) will inspect the ongoing facility, in what is termed as ‘procedure’ to ensure the project is on the right track. 
Transport Department said that checking of registration plates as well as the overall service running in its fourth month is mandated as per the contract rules. “The ICAT team along with Transport officials will conduct a joint inspection of the facility set up by Real Mazon and the registration plates. Samples of the products, either from the fitment centre or the (production) factory, will be randomly collected for inspection. It is essential to ascertain that the company is complying with the guidelines,” Transport Director Rajan Satardekar told Herald. 
He explained that as per the rules, known to the service provider, a certification agency should be carrying out an inspection. Several thousand vehicles have already got HSRP fitted as the project is underway till August. 
Samples of registration number plates had undergone an inspection before the launch, and it was accorded the certificate to go ahead with the installation process. “The fresh inspection will retain our confidence that the project is running smoothly and is in the right path,” the director added. 
While all vehicles, with effect from April 1, 2019 are being released from the showroom only after being fitted with the tamper-proof registration plates, the State government had announced that vehicles registered prior to this day be also fitted with HSRP only through government-selected agency Real Mazon.
This decision, based on the Centre’s notification, was taken in a bid to protect against counterfeiting with also a warning of action against vehicle owners not complying with the directions. The government intends to complete the process by August this year.
Herald Goa
www.heraldgoa.in