Goan origin teacher awarded OBE
18 Jun 2017 06:12am IST
PANJIM: Louis Anthony Desa, a teacher of Goan origin, has been awarded with the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the Queen’s Birthday Honours list 2017 that recognises over 130 people in UK for their contribution to education, children’s services and equality.
- Magisterial inquiry ordered in Colvale jail ‘Bhaang party’
- Leak was in Delhi, why should Goans suffer, ask parents and CBSE students
- On Good Friday, around the troubled spots of the world in 80 minutes
- Consent to Operate granted to 79 mining leases revoked
- Owners worry over keeping barges loaded
- Mining belt ‘landlords’ feel dip in income as outstation workers leave
- Power dept asked to speed up process on prepaid digital meters
- CJI Misra calls for harmonisation of commercial laws across borders
- 17 families to get forest rights
- Airport car rental counter ‘looting’ tourists: UTA
- Locals protest tree cutting on Chirpute Hills; demand action
- ‘Establishments must take sewage connections’
................... Advertisements ...................