HC directs govt to address matka issue
13 Sep 2017 05:31am IST
PANJIM: Following the video footage of a sting operation being submitted in the High Court of Bombay at Goa, exposing the police hand in allowing matka activities, the court on Tuesday asked the State to address the issue and submit an affidavit on the constitution of a Special Investigation Team (SIT) by September 27.
- Magisterial inquiry ordered in Colvale jail ‘Bhaang party’
- Leak was in Delhi, why should Goans suffer, ask parents and CBSE students
- On Good Friday, around the troubled spots of the world in 80 minutes
- Consent to Operate granted to 79 mining leases revoked
- Owners worry over keeping barges loaded
- Mining belt ‘landlords’ feel dip in income as outstation workers leave
- Power dept asked to speed up process on prepaid digital meters
- CJI Misra calls for harmonisation of commercial laws across borders
- 17 families to get forest rights
- Airport car rental counter ‘looting’ tourists: UTA
- Locals protest tree cutting on Chirpute Hills; demand action
- ‘Establishments must take sewage connections’
................... Advertisements ...................