HC takes suo motu cognisance of Sonshi issue
18 Apr 2017 01:49am IST
PANJIM: The High Court of Bombay at Goa has taken suo motu cognisance of the media reports on Sonshi village in Sattari which is adversely affected due to mining ore transportation and issued notices to the State government and Goa Pollution Control Board (GSPCB).
- Magisterial inquiry ordered in Colvale jail ‘Bhaang party’
- Leak was in Delhi, why should Goans suffer, ask parents and CBSE students
- On Good Friday, around the troubled spots of the world in 80 minutes
- Consent to Operate granted to 79 mining leases revoked
- Owners worry over keeping barges loaded
- Mining belt ‘landlords’ feel dip in income as outstation workers leave
- Power dept asked to speed up process on prepaid digital meters
- CJI Misra calls for harmonisation of commercial laws across borders
- 17 families to get forest rights
- Airport car rental counter ‘looting’ tourists: UTA
- Locals protest tree cutting on Chirpute Hills; demand action
- ‘Establishments must take sewage connections’
................... Advertisements ...................