Herald: House gutted in fire at Agonda, loss pegged at over Rs 2 lakh
Herald News

House gutted in fire at Agonda, loss pegged at over Rs 2 lakh

15 Dec 2018 06:36am IST

Report by
Team Herald

Leave a comment
15 Dec 2018 06:36am IST

Report by
Team Herald

Leave a comment

CANACONA: A house belonging to Surekha Ram Pagi of Saleri in Agonda caught fire on Friday morning. By the time the fire was doused, except a few household items, everything was reduced to ashes.

Sources at fire and emergencies office at Canacona said that they received an emergency fire call from a resident of Saleri on Friday. They informed that immediately a fire tender was dispatched and the fire was doused, which took almost an hour operation.

Sources revealed that there was no one in the house when the fire broke out; also the exact cause of how the fire began was not possible to ascertain as the one room house got totally destroyed. Rafters, roofing tiles, clothes, and other valuables got burnt, however the fire crew saved a few electrical gadgets like TV, refrigerator and a cupboard from getting destroyed.

As the owner of the house was in shock after the unfortunate incident, it was not possible to ascertain loss; but looking at the destruction, the loss could well over Rs 2 lakh, sources present at the site said.

The fire fighting crew was led by Leading Fire fighter Soiru Desai, Fire fighters Chandrahas Pagi, Omresh Mokhardakar and Ganesh Naik and driver operator Sanjay Jadav.

Comments
Leave a comment


Advertise     |     Contact Us     |     About Us     |     Terms of Use     |     Privacy Policy     |     Disclaimer     |     Designed by Team Inertia Technologies

       

Designed by Team Inertia Technologies