Herald: Restaurant in Panjim goes up in flames

Restaurant in Panjim goes up in flames

12 Jan 2019 05:24am IST
Leave a comment
12 Jan 2019 05:24am IST

Team Herald


PANJIM: A massive fire broke out on Friday evening in a bar & restaurant, located close to Head Post Office in Panjim. Around 30 firefighters and officers, and three fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the flames. 

“It took at least two hours to douse the fire. The structure was caught in huge flames and thick smoke, which could be seen from far. Fortunately, no casualty was reported,” a Panjim fire station officer told Herald. The fire control room had received a call at 4.39 pm informing about the incident. “The fire fighting operation continued till around 6.45 pm,” he said.  

It is learnt that Joshua Sapeco, the owner of Sapeco Bar & Restaurant has estimated a loss of around Rs 15 lakh which could increase. The adjacent structures were partially damaged as the fire spread to these premises. 

“The furniture and liquor stock besides other belongings, on the ground floor and the first floor of the place were burnt. A final estimate will be submitted to the fire personnel soon,” the officer said. The total loss, including that of adjacent buildings, is said to touch around Rs 1 crore. The cause of fire is allegedly due to short circuit but the Electricity Department has been asked to inspect the place and prepare a report. 
Leave a comment
Comments
Leave a comment


herald epaper herald epaper

Advertise     |     Contact Us     |     About Us     |     Terms of Use     |     Privacy Policy     |     Disclaimer     |     Designed by Team Inertia Technologies

       

Designed by Team Inertia Technologies