Herald: Rs 8 lakh worth goods gutted in Margao shop fire

Rs 8 lakh worth goods gutted in Margao shop fire

12 Jul 2019 06:25am IST

Report by
Team Herald

Leave a comment
12 Jul 2019 06:25am IST

Report by
Team Herald

MARGAO: A possible short circuit in a shop situated on the main road in Malbhat, Margao caused a massive fire, which destroyed the entire stock of goods stored inside. 

The incident was reported to the fire station at 5.50 pm after people noticed flames and smoke emanating from the shop. The shop selling mattresses and pillows owned by Arun Prabhakar Desai caught fire and suffered loss of at least Rs 8 lakh. Air conditioners of a bar and restaurant operating besides the shop were gutted causing a loss of Rs 1 lakh. 

The fire personnel faced flak initially for allegedly reaching late. People panicked witnessing the rising flames as there were residential flats in the apartment. It took 4 fire tenders and back up from Curchorem, Ponda, Verna to contain the fire. The fire was extinguished at 9 pm. 

Firemen informed that the workers inside the shop could have controlled the fire by applying their mind. 

Leave a comment
Comments
Leave a comment


herald epaper herald epaper

Advertise     |     Contact Us     |     About Us     |     Terms of Use     |     Privacy Policy     |     Disclaimer     |     Designed by Team Inertia Technologies

       

Designed by Team Inertia Technologies