Film Bazaar at IFFI 2017 comes to a close
Café does a summary of all the action that went down at Film Bazaar 2017
The five-day Film Bazaar at the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2017 recently concluded at Goa Marriott Resort and Spa. The bazaar saw the State Film Offices of Maharashtra, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, Delhi, Rajasthan, Lakshadweep, Telangana, Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh collaborate with the Film Facilitation Offices (FFO) to promote their states as filmmaking locations to national and international filmmakers. Also this year, the Producers’ Workshop had 15 participants and was focused towards film students this year. The Viewing Room had an astounding 202 films, while Film Bazaar Recommends featured 24 films and Industry Screenings saw 28 films. The Viewing Room saw more than 100 people come to watch the films that were selected. The Prasad Digital Intermediate (DI) awards were given to Ivan Ayr‘s ‘Soni’ (Film Bazaar Recommends 2017) and Kannada film ‘Balekempa’ (The Bangle Seller) directed by Ere Gowda (Work-In- Progress Lab 2017). The award was given by Jayprakash Naidu, Executive Director of Prasad Labs. The Prasad Lab DI award (Film Bazaar Recommends) jury comprised Paolo Bertolin, Programmer, Venice Film Festival, Sergio Fant, Programmer, Locarno Festival and Laurence Kardish, Artistic Director, Film Columbia Festival. The Prasad Lab DI award (Work-in-Progress Lab) jury comprised Marco Mueller, director of Pingyao International Film Festival, producer Philippa Campbell, producer and consultant Olivia Stewart and Film Editor Jacques Comets. The Facebook Awards were given to Ivan Ayr’s ‘Soni’ (Work-In-Progress Lab 2017) and Sandeep Modi’s ‘Chumbak’ (The Lottery) (Film Bazaar Recommends 2017). The winners will be given Facebook ad credits worth 10 thousand dollars that can be used to promote the film.
- Talking films: Goa to Cannes
- Focus on Goan cinema
- ACTORS NOW KNOW IT IS TIME TO GET INTO CHARACTERS: ASHWINY
- Consul General of Canada Jordan Reeves talks about Meditation Park at IFFI 2017
- Filmmaker Atom Egoyan conducts a Master-Class at IFFI 2017
- SUSHANT SINGH RAJPUT AND SHEKHAR KAPUR HOSTS AN ENGAGING MASTER-CLASS
- KADVI HAWA DIRECTOR HOPES WORD OF MOUTH DRIVES FILM
- ‘S Durga’ screening at IFFI today
- Chicken Xacuti is my favourite dish: Bhumi Pednekar
- Picture this – Blockbuster guaranteed!
- JUZE WALKS IN STYLE
- Sanskrit dons a 3D avatar
................... Advertisements ...................