- Beach cleaning tender also includes places where there is no scope of work: Dept of Tourism’s internal report |
- The parliamentary standing committee on science and technology, and environment and forest will be on a two day visit to Goa to study and discuss impact of mining on environment and other related issues of environmental destruction |
- A detail scientific study on presence of pesticides in soil and water bodies along the coastal belts of Calangute-Candolim is being conducted by Goa State Pollution Control Board (GSPCB), in collaboration with The Energy and Research Institute (TERI) |
- Over 9,000 students conferred degrees by Governor at 28th GU convocation |
- A citizens group has approached the State government accusing Syngenta India Ltd of allegedly selling its property to a ‘highly polluting industry’ that manufactures hazardous chemicals while it has also urged to appoint a high level committee of expe |
- Helipcopter service at Aguada plateau suspended, govt and Pawan Hans to look for an alternate site, three new sites – preferably at Pernem and Bicholim to be developed for the same |
- Calangute Ex MLA Agnelo Fernandes and Candolim sarpanch Sandra Fialho brought to the police station and released after being given a warning at Sinquerim plateau, with regards to protest against helicopter rides |
When a government starts taking itself more seriously than the people it is supposed to govern, it is on the threshold of extinction.