Power Minister urged to improve power supply in Chinchinim

CHINCHINIM:  Chinchinim-Deussua village panchayat has sought the urgent intervention of the Power Minister Nilesh Cabral as well as the local Velim MLA and Water Resources Minister Filipe Neri Rodrigues, Irked with the daily power interruptions and several times during a day in the village.

Chinchinim-Deussua sarpanch Inacina Rebello and deputy sarpanch Valentino Barreto said to Herald “Chinchinim-Deussua village panchayat had previously written to Cabral and Rodrigues requesting improvement of power supply within the jurisdiction of the Chinchinim-Deussua village panchayat. Besides, the letter written on August 3 highlighting the repeated power failures and recommending some line changes to the Power Minister Cabral, a memorandum was also given to the concerned department.”

- Advertisement -

Add as preferred source on Google

If you enjoyed reading this article, you can help support our journalism by adding OHeraldo as a preferred source.

They claim that the existing 11 KVA lines pass through water logged areas and hamper the maintenance/rectification work, especially during the night. With regards to this the panchayat body in its monthly meeting held on May 26, 2021 resolved to write Cabral and also Rodrigues to request for alternate link lines of 11 KVA to improve the stability of the power supply. “The panchayat resolved to request the concerned authorities to erect the necessary power supply lines. Hope you will take necessary action and expedite the work,” said sarpanch Rebello in her letter.

Recently sarpanch Rebello had gifted a mobile phone with a prepaid connection to the Chinchinim Electricity department sub-office Junior Engineer (JE) Shailesh Naik as the existing landline is always out of order.

Share This Article