Buckingham Palace says Prince Harry won’t stay at royal residence during UK visit

A fresh dispute has emerged between Prince Harry and Buckingham Palace after the royal residence confirmed that the Duke of Sussex will not be staying at the palace during his visit to London this week, despite his team earlier stating that he had accepted an invitation.

According to Buckingham Palace, Prince Harry was offered accommodation at a royal residence but failed to confirm his acceptance before the deadline at the end of last week. Royal sources said the palace requires sufficient notice to arrange security, staffing and other logistical preparations for guests. After receiving no formal confirmation, officials considered the invitation declined and informed Harry on Saturday evening that the accommodation was no longer available.

- Advertisement -

Add as preferred source on Google

If you enjoyed reading this article, you can help support our journalism by adding OHeraldo as a preferred source.

However, Prince Harry’s spokesperson disputed the palace’s account, claiming the duke had formally accepted the invitation and that the offer was unexpectedly withdrawn at the last moment. The spokesperson described the decision as disappointing and questioned why the accommodation had been cancelled after acceptance.

The palace also indicated that the timing of a court ruling in Prince Harry’s legal case against Associated Newspapers raised concerns about maintaining King Charles’s constitutional neutrality if the duke stayed at Buckingham Palace during the proceedings. Harry’s representatives rejected this explanation, arguing that the court schedule had already been known in advance.

The disagreement highlights the continuing tensions between the Sussexes and the Royal Household, with both sides presenting conflicting versions of events. The latest row could further complicate the possibility of a meeting between King Charles and Prince Harry during the visit.

Prince Harry is travelling to the UK primarily to promote the 2027 Invictus Games in Birmingham and attend charity engagements. Meghan Markle and their children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, are not accompanying him to London following ongoing concerns over security arrangements. They could, however, join him later in Birmingham for Invictus-related events.

- Advertisement -

The accommodation dispute adds another chapter to the long-running differences between Prince Harry and the Royal Family, with no immediate sign of reconciliation between the two sides.

Share This Article