India on Tuesday reacted sharply to reports claiming that China provided technical support to Pakistan during Operation Sindoor, saying the developments only confirmed what was already known. The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said countries supporting attempts to shield terrorist infrastructure must reflect on how such actions affect their global reputation and standing.
Responding to questions during a weekly media briefing, MEA spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal said Operation Sindoor was a “precise, targeted and calibrated response” to the terror attack in Pahalgam carried out in May 2025. He stated that India’s operation specifically targeted terror infrastructure functioning from Pakistani territory and allegedly supported by the Pakistani establishment.
“We have seen these reports that corroborate what was known earlier,” Jaiswal said, referring to media reports suggesting Chinese involvement during the four-day conflict between India and Pakistan last year.
He further added that nations considering themselves responsible global players should introspect on whether supporting efforts to protect terrorist infrastructure damages their international credibility.
The remarks came days after Chinese state broadcaster CCTV aired an interview with Zhang Heng, an engineer associated with the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC). According to reports, Zhang had provided on-site technical assistance to Pakistan during the conflict.
The Hong Kong-based South China Morning Post reported that Pakistan used Chinese-made J-10CE fighter jets during the confrontation. The aircraft are produced by a subsidiary of AVIC, one of China’s leading aerospace and defence companies.
Operation Sindoor was launched by India following the deadly Pahalgam terror attack, with Indian forces carrying out targeted strikes on terror infrastructure across the border.

